Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Abe Lincoln - Wish list and Part 2


As i got online in the night, I did dig up information on the Lincoln stamps that Jean and Claude had sent me in the last post. On the USPS site, I was able to dig up the stamps in concern and these are most delicious. The stamps have been released in a set of four , each pertraying the multifacted nature of this great man, ie, as a Rail splitter, a lawyer, a politician and finally a president. The stamps that Jean and claude sent me were of Lincoln as a president and a lawyer.

It really was a pity to see the collection being sold for 17 USD, and if that wasn't enough, I also found that the USPS had released another beautiful framed collection on Lincoln which sells for USD 50.

As we can see, it not only has the first day cover of the bicentinial, but also has other items such as the Lincoln penny, and what seems to be an anti-slavery stamp. An amazin g thing to get your hands on as all my kind readers will agree.

One slight ammendment to the last post. It is 200 years to the year when lincoln was born. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, would you like to exchange links with me? If you agree, send me a e-mail to philatinonews1@uolsinectis.com.ar
My page is http://www.philatino.com

Thanks!
Ana.

Tammy said...

My husband collects stamps and I came across your site via entracard. I will be sure to keep up with your blog for ideas. Thanks