Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Post Box at the GPO




Not much to add out here today. But after yesterdays post about the post box, I remembered the post box at the Nagpur GPO (General post office). Yesterday when I dropped letters to Eric, Angel & AVK , I couldn't pass the opportunity of taking a snap with this gem of a post box. If you look at the post below, you'll see the type of post boxes that the current lot have become. On the other hand, this post box is more like the one shown in the first two stamps.

The writing in Hindi on the lower half of the box is "Khulne ka samay prati din" or "Opening time - everyday". I think it odd to keep opening time as 0906Hrs & 1010Hrs. I doubt even rocket launches take place in my beloved country with such accuracy!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hello Velu

Just to let you know that I have received your letter. It is just fantastic. I will for sure shwow it on my blog. Thanks a lot !
I will try to send you a noce cover from France. But you put the level quite high! I'll have difficulty to make a cover as nice as yours.
Thanks again.