Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Belgian Cartoons

Location : Chile coast - 20 34 S, 076 14 W

It really is very gratifying to receive nice comments from you people. Prompted by Meike's comments to having seen Marsupilami's in Belgium, I dug around in my collection of green people from Belgium. The only thing I cam up with was these blue chaps.

To be honest I am not sure what these are called, but I must say that I have seen a lot of them around. I especially remember the women on these people, who if you ignore the fact that they are blue, are rather comely & with a great head of blond hair.

Presented above is a maxicard that the Belgian Philatelic dept took out way back in 1984. The Stamp on the bottom left is a replica of the card, & if you can make out on the picture, the postmark is of a mushroom in which these little people stay &
party.

Cees the chicken lady (Link on the right) was kind enough to send this across to me for a couple of chickens from Thailand.

So thanks Cees & thanks Meike. :)

1 comment:

lefung said...

really nice items, smuff, my favourite cartoon, nice stamp for it...