Thursday, October 18, 2007

Panama Canal

Location : The Caribbean - 18 30 N, 082 01 W

I left the canal yesterday & am on the way to Texas right now. I don't suppose that I'll be passing through the canal for some time in the future. The Last time I did it was in 1999 & the next time might be as far ahead. Thought that I'd put up a nice
stamp of Panama as a parting post.

This time I could manage to get only two new stamps. One of it was the one above. It was a very pleasant surprise to recv the above stamp sheet. I have put in a lot of pictures of the Panama Canal in my regular blog over the last month, & this stamp
sort of completes the circle. The locks shown above are the Gatun Locks. You can make them out by the white light house on the left of the locks.

The stamp shows a picture with one ship in the lock & two more approaching the locks from the north. In the background you can see the Atlantic Ocean (or the Caribbean if you want to be more specific).

A great finale of stamps from Panama in my opinion. :)



3 comments:

Gulfmann Collection said...

So nice to know more about the
Panama Canal, just waiting to
see more interesting views
during your voyage.

Gulfmann Collection said...

Thanks for your second paquebot
registered mail from Chile, dated
as October 17, 2007.
see my updated collection blog:
http://gulfmanncollection.blogspot.com

Cees Prins said...

Thanks for the nice postcard from Panama.Nice stamps with a heavy cancellation. My blog is a bit quit about stamps, if you go there you can see why.
The chickenstamps are nice.
Have a nice trip.
http://stampsandchickenthings.blogspot.com/