Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Panama - Red Backed Squirrel Monkey

Panama Pacific coast - 08 29 N, 079 31 W

Since I am still technically in Panama waters, I wanted to show you one last stamp from here. This is the red backed Squirrel monkey of Panama. I believe that it is a protected species & the stamp is produced in collaboration with the WWF.

Panama is a beautiful country & as I crossed the Panama Canal, I could see Lush Green Forests barely 50 yards to either sides. I would love to say that I saw a lot of animals moving around the undergrowth, but sadly apart from one Croc basking in the
sun, I saw nothing.

But I did see that one croc. :)



1 comment:

Eco Interactive said...

Saving Mono Titi is a documentary being produced by Eco Interactive and The Eco Preservation Society. Eco Interactive in partnership with Kids Saving the Rain forest offers Carbon Neutral Travel Program for travel to Costa Rica. Costa Rica is an incredible destination for your next family vacation. In partnership with Kids Saving the Rain forest, The Eco Preservation Society and Rainmaker Conservation Project, the Eco Interactive Family Vacation Experience offers a travel experience that your family will never forget. Eco Interactive is a unique Eco Tour company that gives 85% to philanthropic projects in Costa Rica. Our current project is the Saving Mono Titi documentary about the endangered Mono Titi Squirrel monkeys in Manuel Antonio.

SavingMonoTiti.com
EcoInteractiveTours.com
KidsSavingtheRainforest.org
EcoPreservationSociety.org